Click Here To
Go To Our NEW Amazon Web Store!
Only Sell Products That We Use -
So YOU Only Buy The BEST
Place To Purchase The Products
YOU Need For Processing Beefs,
Hogs and Deer At Home And Learn
How The Professionals Do It! We
Are Not JUST A Home Butcher
Been in Business and Processing
Meat Since 1949 - And We've Been
Selling Online Since 2001 FREE SHIPPING ON ALL ORDERS IN
THE UNITED STATES - NO MINIMUM
ORDER - NO END DATE
There are 2 "secrets" in grilling a brisket to make it tender and tasty:
Choose the "best" brisket and prepare it right
Slow cooking time
Since we don't sell any meat
cuts here at Ask The Meatman we
are offering our customers the
opportunity to purchase Organic
Beef Brisket through
Here's how to choose the "best" brisket for barbequing:
1. A brisket is generally divided into two parts, the flat and the point. For barbecue brisket you will want it undivided. You will also want it untrimmed, also called a "Packer's Cut". This cut will have a strip of fat running through the middle and a layer of fat on the top. The layer on top is called the fat cap. The fat cap is very important, as it will keep the brisket moist while it is smoking. The fat cap should be about 1/3 - 1/4 inch thick.
2.Whatever you buy, try to get a brisket with good marbling, white fat and a deep color in the meat. There should be good fat throughout the meat and not just in one place. Though the fat cap will add moisture to the meat during smoking, the fat spread throughout the meat will be much more effective. If the fat cap is more than 1/3 inch thick you might want to trim it down. It's best to have a single even layer. When smoking you will want the brisket to cook fat side up so that the melting fat will run over the brisket and keep it moist.
3. Before the brisket hits the smoker it needs to be rinsed in lukewarm water, patted dry with paper towels and be at room temperature. If you are going to marinade it should be done for at least 12 hours before you smoke. If you are going to apply a rub it should be done about 30 minutes to an hour before you smoke.
To learn more about the Beef Brisket & other cuts of Beef, Visit our Beef Charts Page!
If you found this page interesting, you may also want to look at the following pages:
NEW - WE'VE LOWERED PRICES ON PRIME STEAK & BEEFBURGER! Our best selling and most popular Shake-On Seasoning! Prime Steak and Beefburger Seasoning is GREAT On: Filet Mignon, London Broil, Brisket & Hamburger.
1 Jar of Spicecraft Prime Steak and Beefburger Seasoning WAS $14.97 - NOW ONLY $11.97! And AS ALWAYS - Shipped FREE in the U.S.!
Are you tired of the hassle other websites put you through just to place your order? You know.........filling out registration forms before ordering ......... entering in passwords and user names..............and going through 6 pages of ordering forms and filling in more information BEFORE............ you even find out out your shipping cost and total price! Then place your order here at for the highest quality commercial meat processing products backed by years of our own use!
And We PROMISE that you will know your Total Cost BEFORE you EVEN click the buy button!
4. To enhance the tenderizing affect of smoking you can marinade the brisket with lemon juice, lime juice, vinegar or any other acid based marinade. This will help breakdown the tough fibers in the meat and the acid will carry any flavor you add to the marinade deep into the meat. Here's an excellent brisket marinade. Marinate your brisket in this over night, but not longer than 24 hours.
1. Trim brisket of excess fat (leave about 1/4” cover). Rub brisket thoroughly with Brisket Seasoning mixture and set aside.
2. Preheat entire gas grill. To obtain a smoky flavor, use a mix of mesquite and hickory wood chips according to your gas grill directions.
3. Shut off one side of the grill. Use indirect heat. (Which means placing the brisket on the opposite side of the grill from the heat, making sure that it is not above any part of the fire.) Turn the heated side down to low and close the cover.
4. Grill for about 2-1/2 to 3 hours, or until the internal temperature reaches 140º F. Apply the “mop” to the brisket (with a brush) occasionally during the cooking period.
5. Remove the brisket from the grill, cover with favorite barbecue sauce, and wrap tightly in heavy foil. Return to the grill (unheated side) and cook for another 2-1/2 to 3 hours or until the internal temperature is about 200 – 210º F. Rotate the package so that all sides are close to the hot side of the grill for even time periods.
6. Remove the meat from the fire and let rest in the foil for 30 minutes to one hour.
7. Unwrap and slice across the grain.
Brisket Seasoning Chef Peter Rosenberg, Delicatexas, Kingwood, Texas
1/2 cup chili powder 1/2 cup salt 1/4 cup granulated garlic 1/4 cup granulated onion 1/4 cup black pepper 1/4 cup sugar 2 tablespoons dry mustard 2 bay leaves
Combine together until evenly distributed.
Basic Beer Mop 12 ounces beer 1/2 cup cider vinegar 1/2 cup water 1/4 cup corn oil 1/2 medium onion, chopped 2 cloves garlic, minced 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce 1 tablespoon Brisket Seasoning
Combine ingredients in saucepan and heat. Makes about 3 cups
Texas Barbecue Sauce 1 cup strong black coffee 1 cup Worcestershire sauce 1 cup catsup 1/2 cup cider vinegar 1/2 cup brown sugar 3 tablespoons chili powder 2 teaspoons salt 2 cups chopped onions 1/4 cup minced hot chili peppers 6 cloves garlic, minced
Combine all ingredients in saucepan and simmer for 25 minutes. Strain or puree in blender or food processor. Refrigerate between uses. Makes 5 cups.
Here are 2 brisket recipes.
The 1st Brisket Recipe uses a rotisserie.
1 - 5 pound brisket
1 large onion chopped
1 cup water
7 ounce of beer
1 stick of butter
1/3 cup cider vinegar
6 cloves garlic minced
2 tablespoons garlic powder
2 tablespoons onion powder
2 tablespoons black pepper
2 tablespoons cayenne
2 tablespoons paprika
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1/2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon chili powder
salt and pepper
Trim excess fat from Brisket and season with garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, cayenne and paprika. Place on rotisserie and put on preheated grill. Prop the lid a little and let cook. Meanwhile prepare sauce. Melt butter in a saucepan and sauté onion and garlic for about 5 minutes. Add water, cider vinegar, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder and a little salt and pepper to taste. Let simmer for 10-15 minutes. Add beer. Baste over brisket about every 30 minutes. Cook brisket on low for about 4-5 hours. Remove brisket from grill and slice thinly.
2nd Brisket Recipe
1 - 4 to 5 lb. Brisket
Sprinkle brisket with 1 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper. Wrap brisket in heavy-duty aluminum foil. Prepare fire in a covered grill. Place brisket on grill. Cover with lid, and open vent. Grill over low coals 2 hours or until very tender.
To serve, diagonally slice brisket across grain into thin slices. Serve with your favorite Bar-B-Q sauce. If you are planning on cutting your own beef brisket, you will need a good boning knife. Why not order one of our Forschner Boning Knives! This is the same knife we have used for decades at Jackson Frozen Food Locker. Order one today for only$24.99 - shipping included in this price! We believe we have the lowest price on the Internet on Forschner Boning Knives. If you find a lower price, including shipping, please e-mail us, and we will try and beat that price!
1/2 cup white vinegar
1/4 cup canola oil
1 12 ounce beer
2 tablespoons liquid smoke
1 medium onion, finely chopped
1 tablespoon salt
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 teaspoon cayenne
1 teaspoon black pepper
Mix all ingredients together. Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
Click on any jar below to go to that seasonings web page where you can read more about that seasoning and place your order. Prime Steak and Beefburger Seasoning (Formerly Meyers Roast Beef Rub) is our most popular shake-on seasoning.
We Only Sell Products That We Use - So YOU Only Buy The BEST Products!
Are you tired of the hassle other websites put you through just to place your order? You know.........filling out registration forms before ordering .........e ntering in passwords and user names..............and going through 6 pages of ordering forms and filling in more information BEFORE............ you even find out out your shipping cost and total price! Then place your order here at for the highest quality commercial meat processing products backed by years of our own use!
And We PROMISE that you will know your Total Cost BEFORE you EVEN click the buy button!
EVERY Price you see is your FINAL, TOTAL Price!!
AND AS ALWAYS - FREE SHIPPING IN THE U.S.! [And - Our FREE Shipping is our Standard USPS Priority Mail, First Class Mail or Parcel Post shipping. NOT a sub-standard 4 to 6 week shipping period that some websites offer with their free shipping!]
With Every Order of $150.00 or more we will give you a 15% off Coupon good on ALL your purchases until December 31, 2012!